Providing A Holistic Solution For African Communities
Basic Need Provision VIDEO – testimony
- Food – Over the last two and a half years, we’ve given out more than 200,000 meals through our nutrition centers. We have feeding programs that run on a Monday morning at Bloekombos, in Kraaifontein for TB and HIV/AIDS patients who need food to take their medication. We are currently the only NGO feeding the poor and homeless in the downtown area over weekends.
- Clothing – We distribute used clothing to needy children, women & men during the winter & summer months, and help individuals with appropriate job interview attire.
- Shelter – We help families living on the streets into shelters where they can receive proper support & counseling.
- Health & Wellness Assistance VIDEO – testimony
- Counseling – We offer counseling for trauma, abuse, addiction, and general rehabilitation & guidance.
- Medical Care – We partner with government agencies and local NGOs to offer medical solutions for chronic or temporary illnesses & disease, including HIV.
- Lifestyle Education – We offer educational information on healthy habits including food, exercise, & sanitation, as well as contagious disease education.
- Career Development – VIDEO – testimony
- Employment Coaching – We work with the unemployed to identify strengths & experience to make a plan for a sustainable career path. This includes CV creation and interview coaching.
- Job Placement – We connecting job-seekers to available employment opportunities within the community.
- Skills Training – We offer training in vocational, and hard & soft skills to increase job opportunity and employee value.
- Business Plan Development – We offer guidance for those who intend to run their own businesses, with possibilities for micro-finance.
- Homeless Reintegration – VIDEO – testimony
- Shelters – We work to help families get off the street and into shelters where they can get the care needed for reintegration.
- Legal – We work to provide legal assistance and necessary documentation in order for families to put their lives back together.
- Placement – We help families identify our programs that can help them, or refer them to other NGO or state programs when we cannot.
- Women & Orphan Care – VIDEO – testimony of volunteer
- Support – We assist St Anne’s, New Life Centre, Umtawlenga and several other shelters for orphaned children and abused women. Volunteers help with babysitting, support groups, food, clothing, toys, and gifts for these ladies who are struggling to reclaim their lives.
- OCF Kids Club – Orphan Care Foundation is another NGO we support that contributes to alleviating the plight of children without parents who are abandoned and vulnerable. The foundation runs a weekly Kids Club in Westlake and has been involved in Life Skills Camps for vulnerable children and Social Needs assessments amongst other projects.
- After School Sport Programs – VIDEO – testimony of volunteer
- Surf Outreach – We currently offer an after-school surf program in Muizenberg four days a week. The kids who participate are girls & boys between the ages of 8-14 who are picked up in the Vrygond neighborhood. Our volunteers mentor the kids while teaching them to surf, and lend them boards and wetsuits. These are vulnerable kids who would otherwise have no supervision during the after-school hours.
- Soccer Project – Our after-school soccer program runs at the Links Field in Vrygrond four days a week. The boys who participate are between 8-12 years old and come from the local township community. Many of them do not attend school, and our volunteers are there to coach and mentor them, and to encourage them to attend school.
- Social Enterprise – PHOTO
- Tag Bag – This project employs women from rural villages to make handbags make from recycled materials, which are which are marketed and sold abroad. This generates income for the women while encouraging green recycling.
- Free Wheelchair Project – VIDEO – testimony
- Distribution – Through our partnership with Free Wheelchair Mission, we have given over 550 wheelchairs over the past year to people with disabilities in shantytowns and rural areas. Through this project we have helped give mobility to hundreds who would otherwise be trapped without means of supporting themselves.
- Prison Outreach – VIDEO – testimony
- Restoring Justice Program – This program challenges offenders about their past actions and works towards reconciliation in families, marriages, and relationships. We are currently working in Pollsmoor Prison, Paarl Prison, Goodwood Prison, Hawqua Prison and 14 others.
- Substance Abuse Support – VIDEO – testimony
- SafetyNet – We support SafetyNet, a home that provides secondary rehabilitation for males transitioning from addiction into society. SafetyNet helps these men rebuild their lives while committing to support groups with others who hold them accountable. They are required to do community service and also learn how to live in a structured work environment.
- Our Commitment – It is our commitment to make sure all of the projects we begin are sustainable, and that they have lasting effects on the lives of the people who are reached. Our track record thus far has been encouraging, with many lives changed for brighter futures. Our ability to track & support the people we reach will be greatly enhanced by our Centre of Hope, which we plan to open in late 2011.
- Corporate Sponsorship – We are currently seeking corporate sponsors for all of our projects. Our media partner for Tembaletu School is The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC), who covers each new initiative through television and radio programming. If your business, church, foundation or organization is interested in offering financial sponsorship, or has equipment, goods, or expertise to donate, please click here.
- Donate – Thus far our projects have been funded by generous individuals with a heart for the people of Africa. If you would like to be a part of this amazing family of donors, please click here.
- Volunteer – Link to VOLUNTEER page.
Basic Need Provision
Free Wheelchair Project
Sport 4 Development